Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Good Will Hunting

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are arguably the best duo in cinema history, especially when they came out with Good Will Hunting. In my opinion, I think the roles could've gone either way,  Damon played Will Hunting amazingly, but I also think Affleck could've had the same affect as Damon did. No matter what roles they play, having them in a movie together is a blessing; which is why casting Robin Williams made this movie so much better.
Probably the most memorable cast,  Good Will Hunting won the best screenplay Oscar, along with Robin Williams best supporting actor Oscar, R.I.P.
Besides the cast, the other element of the movie that I loved was the script and the improv. Since Matt Damon played a genius, he would have to improve some of the genius dialogue, making the conversations more real and quick. Robin Williams also improvised the scene were he talks about his deceased wife. He tells the story of her farting in bed, and a very touching quote, "People call these things the imperfections. But they're. They're the good stuff."Put away the improv and the dialogue is still amazing. Damon and Affleck wrote this together which I find amazing because it is such a complex and thoughtful script, I am befuddled that 2 regular guys like them could write something as compelling as this.

1 comment: